Everything we have comes from God and belongs to God.
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be." Matthew 6:21
1) Click on the Pushpay logo at the right to select a one time gift or to set-up automatic recurring giving;
2) Pushpay is also available on our mobile app: ZLCMinot (free download from iTunes or Google Play); or
3) Download the Pushpay Authorization Form and turn it into the church office.
Bank Bill Pay
Please note that another option for automated giving is to set it up through your bank. Many banks offer this service free of charge through online “Bill Pay”. You just need to provide them with the church’s address and your desired payment amount and frequency.
You may place your cash/check in the offering plate during worship or drop it off in the office. You may also send your check in the mail to Zion Lutheran Church, 1800 Hiawatha, Minot, ND 58701 (please do not send cash through the mail).
Annual Statement of Intent
Zion’s annual Stewardship Campaign involves asking our members to complete a Statement of Intent for their estimated giving for the coming year. Having an accurate estimate of our members’ financial contributions allows us to be fiscally responsible and establish a budget. Statement of Intent cards will be available this fall.
Giving Generously to join in God’s Work is one of Zion’s six guiding principles. Stewardship is the giving of one’s time, talents and treasure and is an important part of our faith life at Zion. The giving of our members’ valuable resources of financial support and volunteer service are vital to our ministry and mission. It is what turns our purpose into action. What you give extends the love of Christ within our congregation, throughout our community and world.
Volunteering Your Time & Talent
Zion’s worship, ministry and outreach programs are made possible by the active involvement of our members. The Holy Spirit gives us abilities - spiritual gifts - and it is our privilege to share these gifts with one another. There are numerous opportunities to serve and share your time and talents. Click here for more info on ways you are able to assist in the ministry of Zion. Call the church office at 852-1872 for additional information.
Memorial & Trust Funds
Monetary gifts donated to Zion Lutheran Church as memorials are very much appreciated. These funds are used to assist with ongoing expenses within our church’s mission. Memorial funds differ from endowment funds in that the donation and any growth through investment can be spent. The Zion Trust Fund Committee is comprised of 15 elected members who oversee Zion's memorial and endowment funds.
Gifts are deposited into one of the following Memorial funds as designated by the giver. If no designation is made, gifts are deposited into the General Memorial Fund.
Banners Building Fund Community Outreach Education Global Missions
Handbells Landscaping Music Ministry Organ Fund Playground
Prayer Shawl Trust Fund Youth Ministries Zion Lutheran Church Women (ZLCW)
Yellow giving envelopes are available at the church to use for memorial gifts. Donations may be put in the offering plate, dropped off at the church office, or mailed to Zion.
Want to make a long-term investment in Zion’s ministry? If so, a contribution to one of our endowment funds may be just the ticket!
Endowment funds differ from regular memorials in that only the growth from the original donation can be spent, leaving the principal contribution in place to ensure long-term sustainability of our ministry. Requests for funding are managed by the Trust Committee on an ongoing basis to assist in supporting our mission.
Zion has two endowment funds as explained below. To make a contribution to either of these endowment funds please contact the church office at 852-1872.
- The Zion Perpetual Fund is an endowment that doesn’t require a minimum contribution and provides long-term benefit to our mission through its growth in the investment market. Donations are tax deductible in the calendar year they are donated.
- The Zion ND Tax Credit Fund is our newest fund, established in 2014 following North Dakota legislation allowing a 40% ND Tax credit* on qualified gifts that was passed in 2011. Contributions are also federally tax deductible, based on the taxpayer’s situation. A qualified gift is a minimum of $5,000 in a calendar year. These tax incentives may cover a significant portion of the donation. (*Please consult your tax consultant for advice specific to your situation.)
Recent disbursements from Zion’s endowment funds have been used to purchase the security camera system, update the office computers, fund a Stephen Ministry Grief Program, sponsor a seminary student, and help cover student and chaperone expenses to attend the ELCA National Youth Gathering in Houston, TX.