History of Zion Lutheran Church
From humble beginnings in 1897, with a handful of Norwegian immigrants, through both good times and difficult times, our congregation has remained faithful to God's call to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. Time and time again in the life of our congregation, as ministries and membership grew and changed, we embraced the challenge of providing new space for growing needs. From the first worship services in the white, wood-frame church on Fourth Street, through a series of building and rebuilding projects to our new state of the art building in Southeast Minot, Zion Lutheran Church has proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus.
Zion Lutheran's First Minot Church and parsonage built in 1898 in the 100 block on 4th Street Northwest.
When the congregation outgrew its original location, the church was built in 1907 at the corner of 3rd Avenue and 1st Street SW.
In the mid-50's, the need for enlarging the sanctuary was critical so the congregation voted to demolish the existing building and construct a new church at the 218 First Street location. This building served the congregation well until the decision was made to build a new church on property in Southeast Minot.
On August 27, 2006, Zion Lutheran Church had a historic moment. Worship services began at the downtown site, then a parade was held moving to the new and present site at 1800 Hiawatha Street SE, where a dedication ceremony was held and our worship concluded. Exactly seven years later on August 27, 2013, a final check was written making the final payment on the mortgage for the new building. Congratulations to the Zion congregation...faithful people and faithful giving made this day possible!